Great news all… FAILURE IS AN OPTION: An Attempted Memoir by one of the most talented voice actors of his generation, H. Jon Benjamin, is up for grabs on the blog! You can enter below for your chance to win a copy of this wonderfully funny autobiography.
Here’s the blurb on the book: You may not immediately recognize his face, but you’ve almost certainly heard his voice. H. Jon Benjamin, the voice behind some of today’s most popular and iconic animated characters, including the titular characters in hit TV series Archer and Bob’s Burgers, has found a level of success that many would envy. But Jon isn’t interested in telling the world about his successes. Instead, he would like to remind us all that failure is also an option.
In FAILURE IS AN OPTION: An Attempted Memoir (on sale May 1, 2018), Jon invites readers to embrace their own missteps and the freedom that comes along with letting go of the constant grind towards success. With stories, examples of artistic and literary failings, and a powerful “can’t-do” attitude, this is the book the world doesn’t need right now but will get regardless.
FAILURE IS AN OPTION explores a wide variety of things that H. Jon Benjamin has failed at, including:
- Learning to play any instrument he has ever picked up (though that didn’t stop him from creating a full jazz album).
- Stopping a robbery at the age of eleven.
- Wowing his peers at his disco-themed Bar Mitzvah party.
- Delivering a sizzling fajita.
- Romance—Jon even provides examples of pickup lines and sex positions (complete with unforgettable illustrations) that are sure to put a damper on any romantic evening.
- Stopping his son from eating a horrifying snack at a local playground.
- Securing an impressive “celebrity favors” to dazzle his friends.
- Differentiating the voices of two of his most well-known characters, Bob Belcher and Sterling Archer.
FAILURE IS AN OPTION provides the fresh, unconventional perspective that we all need, allowing readers to embrace the beauty and humor to be found in life’s many mishaps.
Some small print (it wouldn’t be a competition otherwise): UK entrants only. Competition closes May 28th 2018. Winners will be notified by email to confirm their address.
Please fill in the details below for your chance to win this fantastic book. Good luck!
Enter the competition:
(Trouble seeing the form on mobile? Try requesting the desktop site or opening in your browser)
Hits the Fan will never share your details with a third party.